Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Disco Taxi

After our big evening in Ilpendam, the Van Luyken crew (Anouk, Anne, Carolijn and Bas) wanted to show me a good time in the city of Amsterdam. We set off in what was my most amazing public transportation experience ever....



THE DISCO TAXI!
Friends and fun-loving folks everywhere - take note. Mary Ellen Stockton - I'm wondering if you shouldn't start a service like this in Tanzania when you move there this fall - with your killer karaoke moves, you'd be as popular as our Disco Taxi Driver!


The Disco Taxi was an amazing first-night-out in Amsterdam experience... thanks to our driver, I now know how popular the song "I'm Coming Out" is in Holland. Incidentally, when telling music-guru Whit the Disco Taxi story, he pointed out that the words to the song are not "I'm Coming UP," which is what I thought they were, and which I belted out into the Disco Taxi's microphone. Was I really alone in thinking that these lyrics were akin to the theme song of the Jefferson's, "Moving on Up?????" Guess so!
Singing and fun abounded in the Disco Taxi, which delivered us to De Heeren Van Aemstel, near Rembrandtplein, where we met up with Klaas Hoyng (the son of Van Luyken parter Raoul) and boogied the night away to a very interesting 80s cover band. The night was incrediby fun (yet exhasting)!


The Band

The Ladies of Van Luyken - me, Anne, Carolijn and Anouk

Bas, Anne, Moi, Anouk, Carolijn and Klaas (in front)

2 comments:

Bluesaphire said...

What an awesome night you all must have had! Looks great fun! Hope you enjoyed,the disco taxi looks fab!loved reading your blog thanks for sharing!xWhat an awesome night you all must have had! Looks great fun! Hope you enjoyed,the disco taxi looks fab!loved reading your blog thanks for sharing!x

trudy said...

Scott Hartman needs that car!